Last year the topic of the PIM expert group (product information management) was focused on the output side (or downstream) of PIM and three developments have been chosen: 3D product visualisations, user-generated content and voice interfaces.
The three questions that the expert group has formulated on these topics are:
- What does the subject imply and what is the impact of this on PIM?
- What new or adapted data elements are involved?
- How can you best deal with this as an organization?
3 key takeaways are :
- There are good, effective applications of 3D visualization, but for the further development standards are needed that allow exchange of 3D models.
- Embrace user feedback (UGC) and get professional with it. So, pay attention to the process, the organization and the system with which you process this information.
- Voice requires more and more complex data of a high quality. In order to answer user questions properly, it is important for a voice assistant to know the context of both the product, the customer and the type of customer journey.